Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One of my colleagues asked, which reminded me to post...

One of my colleagues (who I think has a 5 month old) sent me this email this morning at 1:39 AM.


Shani- just thought I'd check in. How are you doing? Baby doing well?  Wld love to know how you are doing. I think reality is actually hitting me lately with the juggling act and is taking its toll... Any tips for sanity?  I told her I actually think I started this blog when Selah was 5 months.  I figured I would share my answer :-).

Hi Friend,

I'm okay.  My stress these days aren't mama-related...just work related ;-).  Baby is GREAT!  She has a perpetual ear infection so 2 weeks ago she got tubes...which was stressful, but it totally cleared out all the mucus and watering that was happening in her eyes and nose, so that's great.

How's your darling doing?  Is she sleeping yet?  I can't remember how old she is -- but somewhere between 5 and 7 months I thought I was going to lose my mind.  Selah had stopped sleeping well so I of course wasn't sleeping well.  Two things happened to help -- our doctor encouraged us to start sleep training (which led to one tough night but has been amazing since).  And then  Somewhere around 8.5 months I stopped nursing....which I felt a little guilty about, but it helped me start to regain sanity. 

It's still tough running here, there, everywhere...but I tend to leave work around 4ish so I can get Selah, hang out with her, etc.  She goes down around 7-8 PM and my hubby and I get dinner after that and I tend to work for a few more hours 2-3 hours.   I've also realized I'm not going to always be the perfect employee I want to be ;-).  I do my best but there are certainly things I hear that others are doing that I just say, "can't do it..."

Is this at all helpful???  It gets better I promise! :)  Well, or at least it gets better in spurts!

PS-- this is the blog I started around that time :) http://mamahowdoyoudoit.blogspot.com/ .  I haven't written in it in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment